Tim Edwards is located in our Fort Atkinson location, known as Vance and Russell Law Offices. A Michigan native, Tim initially came to Wisconsin to attend Wayland Academy. After his time there, he continued on to earn his Master’s in Law and a Doctor of Judicial Sciences with honors.
Tim has over 20 years of experience litigating cases in State and Federal courts across the country. With extensive experience in various areas of law, Tim’s practices areas include Employment Law, Business Law and Civil Litigation cases. Tim also has ample experience in the electronic discovery space and remains a pioneer on the subject. He has even presented the topic in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Outside of the office, Tim is very involved in his local community and the Wisconsin Law communities as he serves on multiple boards and committees which are dedicated to enhancing new, young lawyers.
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Wisconsin Law School for more than 15 years.
- Nationally recognized author and speaker, especially on issues of procedure and electronic discovery.
Jane Bucher has extensive legal experience and is active in both the legal profession and the broader community. She has tried criminal, civil and juvenile cases, both to courts and juries.
Jane served as an Assistant State Public Defender from 2011 to 2021 and has handled more than 2,400 cases. As a public defender, she represented children, juveniles, and adults who could not otherwise afford an attorney in both criminal and civil cases, including CHIPS cases, termination of parental rights, mental health commitments, protective placement cases.
Jane’s diverse legal training included internships at the Restorative Justice/Family Law Project in Madison, in the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office, and at the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Jane helped lead the creation and funding of the Green County Drug Court in 2017. She has also been active in working to improving children’s courts by serving on the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board Chapter 48 Subcommittee and the Youth Justice Statewide Assessment Implementation Policy and Document Development Subcommittee. Attorney Bucher is a graduate (2019) of the Juvenile Training Immersion Program Summer Academy at Georgetown Law in Washington D.C.
Jane was appointed by the Wisconsin Supreme Court to the Office of Lawyer Regulation District 12 Committee (2015-present) and was elected to serve on the Wisconsin State Bar Board of Governors, representing District 12.
She lives in Monroe with her husband, Ruedi, a cheesemaker born in Switzerland, and sons, Quinn and Xavier
– Green County MultiCultural Outreach Program (MCOP), Founding Member
– Green County Family Promise, Board Member
– Green County Big Brothers Big Sisters, Former Volunteer (2018-2021)
– Peace Corps, Former Volunteer in Senegal (2006-2008)
– Green County Bar Association, Past President (2015)
Jane accepts clients in Green County, Lafayette County and Rock County.
Morgan Sauder is an enthusiastic attorney committed to helping her clients reach their legal goals. With an emphasis on providing strong Criminal Defense and Traffic services, Morgan is ready to help you understand your courtroom experience and will work diligently to meet your goals. She regularly handles OWI cases, Misdemeanors, Felonies, Restraining Orders and Ordinance Violations.
Morgan received a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from UW-Platteville. She then worked as a Spanish medical interpreter for two years prior to attending Northern Illinois University College of Law. She has been practicing law since 2014. Morgan knows the local courts, procedures, and members of the legal community and will use her experience to guide you through the legal process.
Southwest Wisconsin is home for Morgan. She is a graduate of Argyle High School, UW-Platteville, and a former Green County Dairy Princess. You may recognize her family’s Redbird Pride, as evidenced by the carved Redbird that has stood proudly in her grandmother’s yard on Main Street since 1994.
Outside the office, Morgan loves spending time at local state parks, especially Yellowstone Lake State Park.
Morgan accepts clients in Green County, Lafayette County and Iowa County.
– Argyle FFA Alumni
– Volunteer with the Friends of Yellowstone Lake
– Green County Leaders 2020-2021
– Green County Bar Association, President
– Lafayette County Bar Association Member
- Successfully humanized countless clients to the courts.
- Successfully works towards dismissal or a plea negotiation that more appropriately fits the circumstances for clients.
Nathan Russell is the founder and owner of Russell Law Offices, SC. Born and raised on his family’s fifth generation dairy and crop farm in Shullsburg, he returned to Southwest Wisconsin to practice law in 2009.
Nathan earned a degree in Agricultural Economics and his Juris Doctorate from UW-Madison. Prior to opening Russell Law Offices, Nathan taught Agricultural Education in Minnesota and served as an agriculture and commercial lender in Madison.
With extensive experience in agriculture and lending, Nathan’s practice areas include real estate, contracts, business/farm transfer and startup, civil litigation, estate planning, probate & trust administration, creditor collections, municipal law, and family law. Nathan also has extensive experience in contested probate and divorces that involve farms/businesses.
Nathan is married to Jennifer, whom he met through the FFA. Jennifer is the agricultural education and FFA instructor in Shullsburg, WI. They have six children: Reagan, Madison, Taylor, McKinley, Lincoln, and Jackson.
Outside the office, Nathan is an avid sports fan supporting the Packers, Badgers, Bucks, Brewers, and Miners/Knights. He is heavily involved in his childrens’ activities, including assisting them show sheep across the country. Nathan is also very proud to be starting his 14th year serving as the girls’ basketball head coach for Shullsburg.
Nathan has presented to a variety of community and professional groups on numerous legal topics. He has been active in the Lafayette County community by previously serving on the Shullsburg Fund Board, Memorial Hospital Foundation and the Shullsburg School Board.
Probate & Trust Contest/Administration
- Successfully defeated Personal Representative represented by largest law firm in the state requiring a martial property agreement to be followed and an estate to be divided equally between all children of the decedent.
- In re the Estate of Donald J. Popp (2012AP1730) – Successfully defended Defendant upholding property rights and ability to consume property post-spouses death – https://www.wicourts.gov/ca/opinion/DisplayDocument.pdf?content=pdf&seqNo=97795
- Obtained appointment of third party Personal Representative at the request of client on multiple occasions based on the factors in the cases.
- Successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of client regarding a marital life insurance policy following the initial filing of a divorce proceeding.
- Regularly works with surviving spouses on managing and transition operating farms to the next generation or liquidation.
- Represented one-half of a partnership dissolution that exceeded mid-eight figures
- Successfully petitioned the court to grant us judicial control of an LLC to obtain payment on outstanding debts
- Successfully litigated for adverse possession for local home owner.
- Successfully reversed a high six-figure adverse determination by the USDA’s Farm Service Agency on appeal.
- Assisted landowners is developing subdivisions.
- Negotiated intergovernmental contracts with sovereign land owners to provide for infrastructure payments
- Served as Corporation Counsel for Lafayette County for more than seven years in addition to representing multiple municipalities and 10+ Townships.